Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th Celebration

Yesterday was a very productive morning. Nate tackled the yard work(not fun) while Micah and I shopped for things for the party. Walmart was crazy busy. After a bit of resting and cleaning the house, Micah and I went swimming in the rain. I haven't done that in a long time...it was fun.

Kali's mom, Kathy, and her cousin, Mya, came over early last night to talk with Kali on Skype while Brittney and I had to make another trip to the store because I ran out of icing for my cake (which was awesome!).



Chocolate cake with cream cheese icing topped with strawberries and blueberries. yum-o








Nate made dinner for everyone. To me, it was the epitome of an American meal...chicken, mac & cheese, baked beans and collard greens. The food was AMAZING!!!



(Everyone sitting around enjoying the meal)


After dinner...it was firework time. The boys had a grand old time blowing stuff up while the girls and the kiddos played with sparklers and chatted.








All in all it was a great 4th of July, even though two of my girl friends couldn't be here because they are out of the USA.

- - Praying for you girls...can't wait to see you soon.

No comments: