Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Be Consumed With The Things of God!!!

Thanks to a good friend of mine, Lora, I have been listening to a new-to-me pastor/preacher...Ketih Daniel. He's an older guy, but man can he bring the word.

As I was listening to his sermon yesterday on Caleb one major theme stuck out to me & just have to share it.

Be Consumed With The Things of God!!!
- Forget allowing your attention to be diverted. Get consumed with what God has for you, what he's called you to....then DO IT.
"Here I am, send me."
- Ask of Him, then receive what He tells/gives you.
- Read, study, memorize scripture. (Keith Daniel is in his 60s and because he asked of God, God has given him the ability to memorize chunks of scripture with ease)

God wants us to be consumed with HIM, His word, and His love. So much so that it's all that comes out of you.


So...that's my new goal. Forget getting consumed with silly drama, "church", work, social life, etc.....I'm praying that GOD will be all that consumes me.
- My conversations ARE going to change.
- My thoughts are going to change.
- The way I spend my time is going to change.

I want GOD to be all that comes out of me. Who cares if I "sound churchy" or whatever.
"Let the redeemed of the Lord say so." - Well, I'm 'saying so'.

No comments: